Saturday, April 30, 2016

April Wrap-Up

I can't believe April is over already.  Where has all the time gone?

So, without further ado, here are some things that happened in April.


  1. I finished my MS for Iron Curse and sent it off to beta read. Hopefully I will be nice and fresh-minded when I get everything back to do more revisions.
  2. If you follow me on twitter, you may have noticed a couple things. One is that I turned  closet into a built-in bookshelf. Yay!
  3. The other is that my laptop broke and I had to buy a new one. Boo! I'm still not used to this keyboard.
  4. I participated in Camp NaNoWriMo very last minute. Between editing and drafting Spy Project, I barely met my goal of 20k. 
  5. I read a lot.
  6. I had my birthday. So my book haul is kind of huge.
I'm not listing everything I read.  Instead, I'm just going to jump into the haul, massive as it is.

Books I Bought/Preordered
I found this the Friday before it was set to release.  And before you ask, there is a dictionary in the back.


Okay I obviously didn't buy How to Hang a Witch (it's an ARC).  I won it during a #BBTC chat.  But all this stuff came in on the same day, so they all had their pictures taken together.  I've been playing around with an idea for a Phantom of the Opera retelling.  I ended up using some of my cash back rewards on amazon to buy the original.


I mean of course I had The Mirror King preordered.  I also had the paperback preordered, but due to a couple snafus, they sent me a hardcover instead.  Which I already have (duh). So with it all fixed, I have an extra hardcover along with the paperback.


Yes, I had this preordered.  I had ordered the UK edition hoping to match to my other paperbacks, but they don't match at all.  And I honestly don't like the UK paperback (it's not nearly as nice as the US ones). So I will be working on getting the hardcovers before Maggie's event in June.  Expect a giveaway of this copy (I will have it signed) at some point.  I also preordered the audiobook of this.  That way I was able to listen at work.  I didn't write a review for this one, but it contained all the feels.


One random trip to BAM and I bought three books.  The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater, Seven Black Diamonds by Melissa Marr, and What I Thought Was True by Huntley Fitzpatrick


Last of things I bought, I had a $10 gift card to BAM. So I bought this. Bought is a strong term since I didn't pay anything for it but you get the point.

The Birthday Haul
All in one picture:
1) My Heart and Other Black Holes
2) Burning Glass
3) Night Study
4) Their Fractured Light
5) Rebel of the Sands
6) The Arabian Nights (B&N special edition with gold pages and illustrations)
7) Vicious
8) Blackhearts
9) Elementals
10) Falling Kingdoms  (UK edition)
11) Rebel Spring (UK edition)
12) Witch Hunter (UK edition)

-wipes forehead- Wow that is a lot of books. How was your April?









1 comment:

  1. Wow you did have a huge haul! Totally jealous of all the beautiful books :)

    I miss living close to a proper book store (the nearest to me is about an hour away; I have a little comic store in town and a target, but the selections are so poor) and desperately want physical copies of Rebel of the Sands and Star-Touched Queen (I have audiobook copies, but haven't finished either yet, sadly).

    Also, congrats on reaching your goal for Nano!

    ReplyDelete