Monday, June 6, 2016

May Wrap-Up

Welcome to my very late May Wrap-up Post!!

I'm not even really sure where to begin.  So... Let's start with things that happened.

Writing
I participated in the #matwritingchallenge.  I didn't do great.  But I did get some stuff done.  And I got to 50k on Spy Project! 🎉

It's funny, Spy Project was originally going to be YA, but after a lot of writing, some deliberation, some more writing, and some realization... Well, it will be NA fantasy.  Which is awesome, because NA is such a new genre!

Iron Curse is currently with a beta reader.  I'll probably be looking for another beta reader after I get it back and look through all the notes.  If, for some reason, you're interested in beta reading for me, email me at christinathebookreader@gmail.com and let me know.  It's a YA fantasy tale of fae inspired by the classic Jane Eyre.



Reading
I'm taking a break from writing this month.  At least active writing.  I'm still doing some free-writing and adding to Spy Project whenever I get something in my brain.  But I'm not sitting down with intent to write 1000 words a day.

My point is, sir, that I am trying to get things off my TBR and clean up my Currently Reading shelf on goodreads.  When I started May, I had 12 books on my Currently Reading shelf.  After some cleaning up and working on getting stuff read, I now have 8.  Not bad!

So, here is what I read in the month of May.

A Court of Mist and Fury (I read this twice lol)
American Gods (audiobook)
Dawn of Wonder (audiobook)
The Assassin and the Empire (this finished up The Assassin's Blade)

Currently, I'm reading How to Hang a Witch, listening to A Dance with Dragons (finally getting to finish this one! Tho I really don't like the narrator)

Next, I plan to finish reading Sea GlassYou Before Anyone Else, and I want to reread ACOTAR so I can write up a discussion about Tamlin. #sorrynotsorry

Other Things
My giveaway for my UK paperback of The Raven King ended.  The winner was Josie O, and she has been emailed.  Congrats!  The event with Maggie Stiefvater is June 9, so I will get that out in the mail on the 10th.

I attended a signing in Orlando with CJ Redwine and JA Souders.


I'm a dork and didn't want to ruin my paperbacks, so I only brought the hardcovers with me.  So I got The Shadow Queen and Deliverance signed by CJ Redwine.  I also bought JA Souder's book, Renegade.

Later this month is the ALA Annual Conference in Orlando.  Let me know if you're going.  I might see you there!

The Haul
I knew as I was grabbing books from my shelves last night that I was missing something.  And that something was the aforementioned Renegade.  Oops.  That said, here is what I hope is everything else I got in May.

Holy Court of Mist and Fury, Batman!  Don't laugh...  I got the first one as my pre-order from amazon.  Then was like, "but the Target edition has the extra story!" so I went and bought it.  Also, I have the UK edition of ACOTAR, so I had to get the UK edition of ACOMAF from TBD too.  Then, -sigh-, I walked into BAM and they had signed editions.  And... and... yea. 

That same trip to BAM I got The Bone Season from the bargain shelf, On Writing, and A Book of Spirits and Thieves paperback for my Morgan Rhodes collection.  I bought the hardcovers of the Raven Cycle for keeps.  I will probably donate or trade my paperbacks.


2 comments:

  1. Wow, you had a super productive month!!

    I'm so excited for ALA Orlando, it's coming up so soon! ^___^ It'll be so much fun!

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great haul! I loved the Bone Season when I read it and I hope you enjoy it. Did you know they just changed the covers? I don't really like the new ones, they're too plain. Aw well, that's how it always goes isn't it?

    ReplyDelete