Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Review and Unboxing: Shelflove Crate May Box

Greetings!

So if you know me, you know that I very rarely subscribe to book subscription boxes. But this past month, I've subscribed to a few things. So here's my review and unboxing of the brand new YA fantasy subscription box: Shelflove Crate :D

Witches and Matchmakers May Box

This is a brand new box. May was the first month for it, and I was so excited to get it from the very start. I subscribed using a single-time purchase, and I couldn't have been happier.



Here is everything that was included in the May Witches and Matchmakers box.

Exclusive Darkling tote, designed by Miss Phi
-
Wand Pencil by Coven Creations
-
Dark Chocolate and Peppermint soap, by Soap Cauldron
-
Exclusive Bellatrix candle by The Bookish Flame
-
Shades of Magic As Travars bookmark, designed by zwischenseitlich
-
Magic Magic notebook, designed by Sonia Cavallini
-
Toil and Trouble postcard, designed by Amethyst Raven Designs
-
Book of the month, The Best Kind of Magic, by Crystal Cestari
-

Okay, so first the book. I had not even heard of this before, so I was happy to get it here. I love discovering new books! And so many times, a hugely hyped book is used in subscription boxes. I was glad to see a less known one. It looks absolutely adorable, and I can't wait to read it.

So now for the awesome items. The Darkling tote is amazing. The Grisha series, may not be one of my all-time favorites, but The Darkling is certainly one of my all-time favorite villains! 

The post card is beautiful. I will be using it as a print instead of a post card (I'm not that nice!), so it will be going up on my wall soon :D

You may not know this, but I love notebooks. It's funny, because I don't bullet journal. But I have notebooks everywhere all over my house. So this will be very useful.

The Bellatrix candle smells great, and I love Bellatrix as a villain (not quite as much as the Darkling lol). I cosplayed as her when I went to see Deathly Hallows Part 1 in theatres on opening night, and I would love to again. 

I'm personally not a big fan of the Shades of Magic series, but I love bookmarks. Still, I'll probably trade this to someone that loves the series.

Then we have the wand pencil. I took this out and was like, "OMG IS THIS A WAND??" Yep it was. Definitely one of the greatest things I've received in a subscription box xD

And lastly, the soap! It smells great, btw. You could want to eat it, except don't. Because it's soap lol. 

Overall
I'm very satisfied with this box. Plus I had a great time opening it and seeing each and every item. Dania is the sweetest, too. So I now have a three month subscription, because I can't wait to see what's next.

The June theme is Stormy Weather Ahead, and you can find them on instagram here or on their website.

No comments:

Post a Comment