Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Review: The Glowing Knight by Jodi Meadows

Title: The Glowing Knight
Author: Jodi Meadows
Release Date: September 1, 2015
Publisher: Epic Reads Impulse

Skyvale faces problems worse than anyone realizes. Secrets are building. Enemies are everywhere. Told from the perspective of Tobiah, the crown prince with a dangerous secret, and set two years before the heart-racing action of The Orphan Queen, this 100-page digital novella brings to life one of Jodi Meadows's most beloved characters.

Tobiah Pierce is ready to break free of his princely role—he's sick of the bodyguards that always trail him and is uncertain about the new girl at court, Meredith Corcoran, who his parents keep pushing toward him. When Tobiah's beloved tutor seems to be embroiled in a dangerous situation deep within the city, Tobiah jumps on the opportunity to throw off the royal restrictions and chase after him. But what happens in the narrow alleys and shadowy corners proves he doesn't know anything about the people he cares about—or the city he must one day rule.

The Glowing Knight is the second of four prequel novellas that offer existing fans a deeper insight into a favorite character and the complex city of Skyvale, while new readers will find a stunning introduction to this rich world and the heart-pounding fantasy of the Orphan Queen series


If you've been reading my blog for a bit, you know that Jodi Meadows is probably my favorite author.  And I have many, many copies of her books.  So it's always a joy to review one.  (also I just typed all that book info from memory.  Go me!)  I'm also posting this one against my schedule, but I can't help it.  So much love!

This was even better than the first novella in the series. We start to see a real story arc happen. And Tobiah starts to become who we know him to be in The Orphan Queen.

I still adore Meadows' writing. It's beautifully descriptive in all of her books, including her novellas. There is much more action in this installment, and I laughed a few times at Tobiah, thinking of him mostly only as the way I already knew him (which of course was silly, he had to get there somehow, right?). It was fun watching his troubles and the way he conquered them. And I still love his best-buds relationship with James.

Even the teaser of The Mirror King at the end was perfect. It had me at the edge of my seat the entire time I was reading, and it ended right at a cliffhanger. I can't wait for the next novella and of course The Mirror King to be released. If you like any of Jodi Meadows' books, read The Orphan Queen. And then you'll want to start these novellas right away!

No comments:

Post a Comment