Monday, August 31, 2015

August Wrap-Up

Sooooo...

As I am writing this I am about to collapse on my keyboard. No energy to link my posts from the month.  This is basically going to be a book haul for the month excluding review books because I'm too exhasuted to look through emails at the moment.


So let's start with a bit of news.  I have been in a bit of a slump now for about a week.  I'm hoping some of the books that come out tomorrow will get me out of it.  Because I can tell what I'm currently reading I should really be enjoying.  I'm just having so much trouble with anything at the moment.

I'm (finally) starting my new job in my neighboring department at work next Tuesday.  It's only been since like May that I've been waiting.  So yea... This week they have me coming in at 2am and training one of the new analysts to replace my replacement (did that make sense?) hence me being so tired.  I'll get used to it after a day or two.  And then my schedule will change again. Yay...


ARCAugust:
I failed. A lot.  Partially because of this slump.  I think I read six ARCs.  I have a ton more.  Getting there maybe.

My haul:
I may have gone a little crazy with the Jodi Meadows books.  Right-hand copies are signed ones I ordered from BookitCon.  I got the two hardcovers (Incarnate isn't easy to find) from Thriftbooks.com super cheap.  And I got the ARC from #BooksforTrade.  I am still looking for the rest of the ARCs (Newsoul series and Orphan Queen series alike).  If you have one you're will to give up, let me know.  I have some finished copies of books and a couple of ARCs I would be willing to trade.


I found these all at my local used bookstore.  It's always exciting when you find something already on your TBR list.


I bought these new.  Reawakened and Golden Son came from amazon while Glass Arrow came from an amazing BookOutlet sale.  I have read Reawakened.  Must have book 2.  Also its spine is sooooo pretty.
Exhibit A.


So I plan to read next:::::
Well I would like to finish reading this first:
The Last Drop
And then next I will read:
The Glowing Knight (The Orphan Queen, #0.2)
Because it's coming out tomorrow.  And it will probably only take me an hour to read.
Then I want to finish my Truthwitch preview. And then...
Never Never
Notice how Queen of Shadows somehow doesn't make it on the first few books here. Because I've been in a slump I no longer have time for it.  And I will murder ANYONE who spoils it for me. kthnx.


1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about your slump I know how it feels. I haven't been in a slump exactly but I have been reading super slow. Great haul! (There's no such thing as too many Jodi meadows books)

    ReplyDelete