Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Mid-Year Book Freakout 2015 Tag

This Tag is hosted by A Book So Fathomless.  I saw it over at Sam's blog Tsunkodu, and it just looked like so much fun (seriously, go check it out!).


1. Best Book You've Read So Far in 2015
How in the world do I choose just one???  Well I absolutely loved Red Rising and Incarnate.  I have truly loved a lot of books I've read this year, so picking just even those two was difficult.


2. Best Sequel You've Read So Far in 2015
Hmmm... The Crown of Embers, by Rae Carson.  It's the sequel to The Girl of Fire and Thorns.  I honestly thought it was the best of the series.




3. New Release You Haven't Read Yet, But Want To
Does The Wrath and the Dawn still count as a new release?  It's been on my shelf now since April.  I'll get to it I swear.  And if it doesn't count then... Reawakened literally just came out (and arrived at my home) yesterday!  And the spine is so pretty I want to pet it (yes I'm strange).


4. Most Anticipated Release for the Second Half of the Year
That's a toughy.  Probably Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas.  There are so many amazing books coming out this fall it's difficult to pick!


5. Biggest Disappointment
Oh now that one is easy as 3.14159265358979.... you get the idea.  Awake by Natasha Preston.  In fact, you can see my extremely disappointed review here.  I seriously don't recommend this one guys.  Seriously.


6. Biggest Surprise
Probably Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch.  This may seem strange buttttt.. When I read the description of this book I thought it sounded ridiculously stupid (and yet I bought it because I'm an idiot).  I am really glad that I ended up buying it tho.  Because it far exceeded my expectations.  And I pretty instantly fell in love with it.


7. Favorite New Author (Debut or New to You)
Jodi Meadows.  Without a doubt.  I love all of her work.  And she tweets pictures of her cat and her ferrets.  :D


8. Newest Fictional Crush
Newest?  That's tough I'll have to check my GR to see what I read latest.  And after consulting the goodreads... Survey says: Henry from Dream a Little Dream by Kerstin Gier.


9. Newest Favorite Character
Um, I have to consult the goodreads again.  Oh, awesome.  This one comes from an Indie book by the name of The Demon Inside, by M.L. Sparrow, character being Alec.  Review of this comes out in a few days.


10. Books That Made You Cry
Do I have to list them all?  Okay but I'm not linking to GR because there are so many...
  • Before I Fall
  • Delirium
  • Where She Went
  • Strange and Ever After
  • The Kiss of Deception
  • Paper Towns
  • Looking for Alaska
  • Will Grayson, Will Grayson
  • An Abundance of Katherines (I know I have a problem with crying while reading John Green)
  • The Orphan Queen
  • The Winner's Curse
  • The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer
  • End of Days
  • The Corridor
  • Magonia
  • This Raging Light
  • The Winner's Crime
  • The Infinite  (by Lori M. Lee)
  • Incarnate
  • Infinite (by Jodi Meadows)
  • Stolen Songbird
  • Red Rising
I'm quite the crier I know... These are just the ones that I remember about.  There are probably more.


11. Book That Made You Happy
Most books make me happy merely because I love to read.  But I guess I'll go with This Raging Light (review to come in November).


12. Favorite Book to Film Adaptation You Saw This YearUmmm... I don't go to the movies much.  I'm going to see Mockingjay part 2 when it comes out... buuuut I don't think I've seen any other adaptations this year.  I avoided Insurgent like the plague because it looked so different from the book.


13. Favorite Review You've Written This Year
That's a tough one.  I really liked The Orphan Queen and my not-quite-review Red Queen vs. Red Rising discussion post.


14. Most Beautiful Book You've Bought So Far
I love pretty books.  Well the prettiest one I've bought doesn't come out until next April.  Does that count?  I say it does.  Since I bought it the moment it was available for pre-order... The Mirror King by Jodi Meadows.
The Mirror King (The Orphan Queen, #2)
Just look at the pretty cover!  I want to pet it!

15. What Books Do You Need to Read By the End of the Year
Definitely The Wrath and the Dawn, Golden Son, and a few others.  My TBR pile keeps growing!

I tag anyone that hasn't done this yet!

2 comments:

  1. So many fun tags out there! Wish I had more time to do them. And The Mirror King is a beautiful cover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously need to read Snow Like Ashes because I've only heard good things! Don't feel bad about petting the spines of books (I will take books down from my shelf and just stroke the covers like a loving lunatic). The Mirror King has such a pretty cover! I love the cover for The Orphan Queen, too (I need to read these two badly, as well). Great post! This is just such super fun tag! And thanks for commenting on my own version of it!

    Also, I commented on your comment on my blog about why I love Dorian and sorry it's a super long explanation because my love for him is boundless. Hehe.....

    ReplyDelete