Sunday, July 31, 2016

July Wrap-Up

This post is going up fairly late in the day, but... -shrug-  I realized I never did an official June wrap-up post and well... Things got crazy with ALA and all.  Oops.

As I'm out of town, I'm just going to share a quick recap of July.  No haul.

I would like to say, though, that I did get a fair amount of books from #booksfortrade, and I would like to thank everyone that traded with me and helped to complete my Jodi Meadows collection <3


Things going on
You may have noticed a slight change on the blog.  I'm now using Disqus!  This was a long time coming, as I've not been super happy with the Blogger comment widget.  But it was particularly spurred on by the fact that several of my Wordpress user friends are completely unable to comment with the Blogger widget.

You can expect some more changes at some point soon.  I'll be getting a new header and such, and I'm quite excited about it.  I like the way the blog looks (at least for the most part).  But it would be nice to have some custom graphics :)

Writerly Things
It was Camp NaNoWriMo.  And I finished the revisions on Iron Curse just in the nick of time.  I still don't think I'll be entering Pitch Wars, but at least now I have that option.  For now, I'll be moving on to continue drafting Spy Project.  I got some awesome feedback on my not-even-finished-draft to help me figure out where to expand and how to move forward, and I've been so excited to get back to it.

I reviewed...
How to Hang a Witch - Adriana Mather
You Before Anyone Else - Julie Cross & Mark Perini
Recreated - Colleen Houck
Signs of You - Emily France
Gemina - Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff
Poisoned Blade - Kate Elliot
How to Keep Rolling After a Fall - Karole Cozzo
A Torch Against the Night - Sabaa Tahir

Other things I read...
Some more of the Morganville Vampires series on audio
Paper and Fire (also by Rachel Caine) on audio
Kingdom of Ash and Briars - Review TK
Ripple - Review TK
Stalking Jack the Ripper - fsjdfalk Review TK. Spoiler: I loved it.
My Lady Jane - This was very cute

So basically, July was reading review books, writing reviews and editing, and pretty much nothing else.

What's in store for August?
I'm not officially doing ARC August.  But, I would like to get through my September arc stack.  I have a huge bookhangover after SJTR (omg asjdvsahdgav), so I decided to pick up a NA novel that's been sitting on my Kindle for a while.  Because I needed a kissing book badly.  And maybe more than kissing lol.

I'll be slowly drafting Spy Project, and I'm going to give some friends Iron Curse to do another beta read.  Hopefully, if all goes well I can have things ready by the end of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment