Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday (58) Before She Ignites

Title: Before She Ignites
Author: Jodi Meados
Pages: 400
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books
Release Date: September 26, 2017

Before
Mira Minkoba is the Hopebearer. Since the day she was born, she’s been told she’s special. Important. Perfect. She’s known across the Fallen Isles not just for her beauty, but for the Mira Treaty named after her, a peace agreement which united the seven islands against their enemies on the mainland.
But Mira has never felt as perfect as everyone says. She counts compulsively. She struggles with crippling anxiety. And she’s far too interested in dragons for a girl of her station.
After
Then Mira discovers an explosive secret that challenges everything she and the Treaty stand for. Betrayed by the very people she spent her life serving, Mira is sentenced to the Pit–the deadliest prison in the Fallen Isles. There, a cruel guard would do anything to discover the secret she would die to protect.
No longer beholden to those who betrayed her, Mira must learn to survive on her own and unearth the dark truths about the Fallen Isles–and herself–before her very world begins to collapse.
Jodi Meadows’s new Fallen Isles series blazes with endangered magic, slow-burn romance, and inner fire.


Okay so it's been a long time since I did one of these posts. Like, the last one I did was last July. Whoops 🙃 

That said, I also don't think I've talked much on here lately about my love for Jodi and her books. I finally got to meet her in November when she came to Tampa, and I've been hearing about this book for ages. Long before it was even on goodreads. So I've been super psyched about it for a while. I didn't even need to know what this book was about for it to be an auto-buy, but it's about dragons. So duh!

And don't forget to check out my March Giveaway that just went live today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment