Thursday, October 1, 2015

September Wrap-Up

Well, well, well...

September has been an interesting month.  I finally started my new position at work (only a few months coming, right?), got a couple of critique partners for my WIPs, my ceiling collapsed... Yeah, it's been an interesting month to say the least.

I've been really slow reading this month.  I want to blame this on work.  I have changed schedules and my shift three times now.  So when I get home from work, I'm rather more exhausted than usual and just kind of collapse into bed rather than read.  And that would be why the blog has been suffering.  I'm hoping now that things are getting more stable, I'll be able to pick things back up again.


So let's get started with a recap of my posts:

Discussion Posts
Books Slumps and Life
Reading Outside of your Comfort Zone
DNF Reviews
Disqus Comments


Reviews
The Glowing Knight
A Step Toward Falling
The Last Drop
Never Never
The Thirteenth World

Okay, honestly I have no idea what books I got this month.  I know it wasn't a lot because I put myself on a book buying ban.  So I will skip right to what I read this month.

Audiobooks listened to:
Sinner (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #4)Ruby Red (Precious Stone Trilogy, #1)Sapphire Blue (Precious Stone Trilogy, #2)
Emerald Green (The Ruby Red Trilogy, #3)Fallen (Fallen, #1)Torment (Fallen, #2)
Passion (Fallen, #3)Rapture (Fallen, #4)

Okay so... Fallen... There is a lot of controversy on this book.  People either love it or hate it.  And I have to say I was meh on the first book. And I really disliked the second one.  But for some reason I felt the need to know more of the story.  So I went ahead with the third one (it was free from my library anyway).  And honestly, I liked the third book best.  The characters all made me so mad in the first two books, but that didn't happen in the third.  It was just a journey about learning the truth.  I actually really enjoyed it.  So yay!

I also really loved Ruby Red.  I might have to buy the paperbacks of these so I can read them again on actual paper whenever I want. 

eBooks and physical books read:
The Glowing Knight (The Orphan Queen, #0.2)The Last DropNever Never
The Thirteenth World (The Corridor #2)A Thousand Nights

Hmm yeah I didn't do so well with the reading this month. I'll do better!

Goals for October:
  • Review all my eARCs that are published in October
  • Finish reading and review some of my older review books that I've had for a long time
  • Finish the Truthwitch preview from NetGalley
  • Turn my WIP draft into a more finished manuscript so I can concentrate on my other WIP for NaNoWriMo in November

2 comments:

  1. You listened to so many audiobooks this month! Are you enjoying audiobooks as a medium? I only like to listen to books that I've already read and loved (hence why I'm listening to Red Rising right now).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm enjoying them a lot more than I thought I would. I work 2nd shift at work, so a lot of the time I'm there, there are only 1-2 other people with me. It's nice quiet time that I can listen to books while I work. I ended up buying Sapphire Blue and Emerald Green from bookoutlet because I enjoyed them so much!

      Delete