Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Some Book Love

I've been fairly absent on here recently.  So here I am trying to fix that.  And so, I want to give you some books I really do love, but you may not know it.

No, Jodi Meadows will not appear on this list, as I have stated explicitly many times how much I love her books.



The Winner's Curse (The Winner's Trilogy, #1)
I love this entire series.  And I cried so many times during the last book.  So yea.  Light fantasy and dystopia, plus romance!


The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds, #1)
This series... So good!  I've read it a few times, and I'm sure I'll read it again.  If you want a dystopian America, alternate present, try this one out.


Jane Eyre
Okay, it's fairly obvious by my blog's name that I love Pride and Prejudice.  But I am also in love with Jane Eyre.  A perfect classic about a plain girl and a broody yet not handsome man.  It's nice having unattractive leads for once!


The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, #1)
How many times have we all said the book is better than the  movie?  Well, it truly is here.  The movie is funny, don't get me wrong.  But they completely changed half the plot, and with some changes they lost a lot of the charm that makes this absolutely hilarious sci fi adventure what it is.


Of Mice and Men
Have I mentioned that I like sad books?  I first read this in highschool, and I loved it enough that I reread it at a later time.  The Great Depression and the American Dream.


Brave New World
What is with all the classics?!  But seriously, I read this in highschool for AP Lit.  Then I reread it just before the exam, and I read it at least once in college.  A true dystopian future where people like us would be considered savages.  Oh, and they worship Henry Ford.


And that is my list!  I have plenty more, but as you can see, I do not just read YA.  I read across all genres and most age groups.  But since this blog is YA focused, I don't get to talk about other books all that often.

What are some of your surprising favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment