Thursday, October 20, 2016

Getting Overwhelmed by your TBR

I have a confession: My TBR is effing huge.

By my last count, I own 154 physical finished copies of books, 22 physical arcs, 3 earcs, and an unknown number of ebooks that I have not read. I have to be honest, I was expecting this number to be higher, but I've refrained from buying a lot of books lately, simply because I have so many arcs and so little time. I want to get them read and reviewed to help the authors. But sometimes I just want to read what I want to read.

Image result for buried in books


Another confession: I'm a mood reader.

I started reading Truthwitch sometime last year when the preview was on Netgalley. There was nothing particularly wrong with it. I just could. not. get into it. So I shoved it aside and decided to keep my pre-order. Because I wanted to go back to it at some point.

That point hasn't happened quite yet.

My goodreads page says I'm currently reading eight books. Two of them are definitely accurate. I'm listening to Necronomicon, and I'm physically reading Sea Glass. But I don't want to remove the others from my currently reading, because I plan to go back to them.  So, I guess I'm feeling like I'm being crushed beneath my TBR. And that's never a good thing.

I just finished my I-Must-Read-This-During-October TBR. What is life? I've had so many arcs to read lately, that I haven't been able to read something just because I wanted to read it. So the fact that I read all of my November release arcs. Well that is all kinds of special. And I want to celebrate by reading something for me.

But what on earth do I read? Do I continue with Sea Glass? I started it in May. And I'm not particularly loving it. But I love Maria's writing and want to read the rest of the series. Or should I pick Nevernight back up? But I'm only like 40 pages in. And what about some recent releases that I was super excited about and haven't gotten to?

WHAT DO I DO?

I really don't know. Sometimes I just get so overwhelmed I don't even want to update the blog. I have three reviews, an interview, and another post to write up so far. And I'm just. Ugh.

Do you ever feel like you have so many books on your TBR that you just don't want to read anything?

No comments:

Post a Comment