Monday, October 31, 2016

October Wrap-Up



How is October over already??

I have some exciting news! I will now be co-hosting the December #ReadIndie event with Tracy at Cornerfolds in collaboration with Indiemas, hosted by Emily at Emily Reads Everything. More info on this and how you can participate to come. Hopefully this week!

But seriously. I feel like I got nothing done! So let's examine this past month...


Monthly Giveaway Winner!
This month's featured book was...

A Court of Thorns and Roses

Thanks to all the people that entered and got it right. The winner of the three random books was Kelley, whom I have emailed. Congrats!

Don't forget to check back tomorrow for a new monthly giveaway, featuring a first line from a different book!

Things in the bookish community
You may have noticed my last post here about some of the changes that have been happening. BEA is limiting blogger attendance, and Harper is now only sending arcs to booktubers and bookstagrammers. I have a lot of thoughts on this, and I mostly feel hurt that I'm not considered as a part of the community. But I am moving on.

Writing thingers
So I finished my draft of Spy Project (literally just finished). And while the book is nowhere near done, I'm super happy with how this draft came out--typos and all.

Other writingish news (okay this is old news) is that my novel Iron Curse is up on the Swoon Reads site. I have been informed of lots of typos, so good thing it's just a manuscript. But you can find it here.

I read lots and lots of stuff. I think.
Well, I was kind of in a reading slump. And a blogging slump, as you can tell by my lack of October posts. So let me list everything I went through.
Of Fire and Stars - DNF. This one I just couldn't get into. I fully blame the reading slump.
Holding Up the Universe - I adored this. Everyone needs to read it...
Son of the Black Sword - The only audiobook I listened to. Interesting.
Timekeeper - Review to come
Losing It - A nice NA romance. I was needing this.
Fate of Flames - Review to come
Heartless - DNF (yep). I could not get into this one either.
The Darkest Magic - This was the second of ABoSaT. I liked it way more.
Faking It - The second from that cute NA series.
This Is What Goodbye Looks Like - Review to come. But read this.

I think I did a really decent job. I got through my entire October TBR (WHAT) and started on my November TBR. Which is great, because November is basically a no reading month for me.

On the November Schedule
NaNoWriMo
It's NaNoWriMo. Are you participating? Add me as a writing buddy here. My novel is a gay YA Beauty and the Beast retelling, and I'm really excited about it. Enough so that I have a partial synopsis written down, which is crazy for a pantser like me.

I have one book I absolutely need to read this month, and that is Ever the Hunted. Everything else is gravy.

How was your month? Have any good goals for November?

No comments:

Post a Comment