Wednesday, January 4, 2017

2017 New Years Resolutions

Again, Happy New Year!

So this year I have a few things that I really want to do between my personal life, blogging life, and my writing life. So let's take a look at them, shall we?

  1. Finish revising Spy Project - I've been working on this project on and off since last January. I'm currently somewhere around 63k words, and I still have a while to go. But I'll never finish if I don't sit down and actually work on it. I haven't done any writing in a while, and I need to do something about that.
  2. Finish a first draft of Nightmare Project - This was my NaNoWriMo project that went horribly wrong lol. I have around 10k words, and a lot of it will need to be rewritten, because a major plot point has completely changed since I discovered it doesn't make any sense. But the big problem was that my computer broke during the second week of November, so that was pretty much when I stopped writing. I need to get back to it.
  3. Go back and do a final round of revisions on Iron Curse - I really want to get this one published. It's been sent to one agent, so I'm hoping she can see I'm very willing to revise. But if she's not interested, I need to send to other agents. And for that, I need to make some big changes.
  4. So that said... My final writing resolution isn't to get published, but to query agents - I can't get published without an agent. Well, I can lol. I could self publish, and some indy publishers accept submissions from unagented writers. But the first step to getting published, aside from writing the MS, is querying agents. It's a long and arduous process, so I need to start at some point. I'm really wanting mostly to query Spy Project. I have what I think is a decent query, so we'll see :)
  5. Read 75 books - Last year I set my reading goal really low at 55, and I surpassed it easily, even though I spent a lot of time writing. This time I want to spend more time writing, but I want to read 75.
  6. Get to 300 blog followers - I know this isn't likely, but it would be nice. Still, who knows with my writing where the future of my blog will lie. I have enough trouble getting posts up as it is.
  7. Stick to a diet - Lol. This last one is definitely my personal life. So over the past two years I have gained a lot of weight. I had lost a lot a few years back, but now with my job I've gained a lot back. I think I may actually be at my highest ever. So I really want to get back down to a healthy weight. It's just a matter of sticking to a diet, actually cooking real food, going out for walks, etc. It's harder than it sounds!
What are some of your new years resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment