Tuesday, January 31, 2017

January Wrap-Up

I can't believe January is over already. 

So, let's get through this as quickly as possible. So, I know I've been fairly absent from the blog recently, getting behind on things. But I do have a reason. I've been going through some health issues that have made it difficult for me to do stuff. 

My Reads

I've gotten back into listening to audiobooks while at work. So I listening to both ACOTAR and ACOMAF this month. I also wrote a discussion about Tamlin, which you can find here.

Aside from those audios, I've been making my way through Jennifer L Armentrout's Covenant series. I did an audiobook review of the first book here. In a word? Meh. But since it's an audiobook, and I like the narrator, I wanted to finish the series anyway.

Physical books and ebooks I read are fewer. I read S Usher Evans' The Union, I officially DNF'd Nevernight after being on page 24 for months. I DNF'd Because of the Sun, my first read of the year (that bodes well) because of an intolerable main character, and I reviewed A Tangled Web

Writing Things

I finished my draft of Spy Project I'd been working on. It's currently in beta reading, and I've already got excellent feedback on it. My next run through will be another layer of things that I glossed over in the first three drafts. Though, I think I'm getting better at it. Still, I think I need someone to slap me on the wrist every time I tell a chapter's worth of info in a sentence and say, "Bad Christina!" lol

ALA Happened

Yep. That's right. I had a great time at ALAMW (aside from being constantly sick, but that's another story). I got some amazing books, and I've already started reading them. I'll be reviewing a lot of ALA books in the coming months, so I hope to get through them quickly. Otherwise RIP me.

January Giveaway

My January Giveaway was for a US Hardcover of My Lady Jane! This ended yesterday actually. The first line from the book of the month was:

"She'd never killed before tonight."

The book was Falling Kingdoms, by Morgan Rhodes. Congrats to MC at Blame it on the Books for winning. I'll get that out within the next few days.

Blogaversary?!

Yeah, that happened this month too! I had a giveaway for any book up to $20 from BD. Which also ended yesterday. Congrats to Lauren at My Expanding Bookshelf for winning. I've emailed you. Also, you guys made me happy that one person knew my completely random Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged reference.

Image result for my voice gives me super strength 
(I am aware that I am strange...)

Other Things

I've started trying to use my instagram account again. I suck, but I'm trying to get better lol. I've been using it for the Street Team competition currently going for Sush, so maybe I'll go back to it. You get a nice shot of my new laptop in this one lol.


No comments:

Post a Comment