Tuesday, January 3, 2017

2016 Wrap-Up and End of Year Survey



I can't believe it's 2017. IT'S NOT 2016 ANYMORE PRAISE THE LORD OF DARKNESS.

I'm going to start here with my December Wrap-up, and then move on to my 2016 end of year survey. Because of how long this is, I'll have a separate 2017 goals post up tomorrow.

December Wrap-Up


So the first two weeks in December were all about Indie publishing, as I last-minute took over co-hosting the #ReadIndie Challenge. Because it was so last minute, It didn't do all that much for the challenge, but Tracy and I have some special things planned for next year, because we had a great time this year. 


So that will take place again next December (I know it's a long way away!), so if you're interested, keep an eye out. We'll probably be announcing it earlier to give people time to get things read.

So I read a total of four books in December. I know, I've been slacking. I didn't listen to any audiobooks, and I didn't do any work on my manuscripts. For January, I've already finished one book, started an audiobook, and I've worked through some MS problems in my head. I need to sit down and work on them. 


End of Year Survey


Best in Books


Best books you read:

I know, I know. I just couldn't choose. These were the ones that I think I really loved the most. And while I loved A Torch Against the Night, Gemina, Crooked Kingdom, and a few others, these really stuck out. I read ACOMAF, and as soon as I was done I was devastated. I read it again right away haha. 


Books your were excited about and thought you were going to love more but didn't:


You can find my reviews for all of these books on the blog by searching in the toolbar up top. Sorry, I'm writing this kind of late, and I still have a lot to go lol. 

Most Surprising Book You Read:

I haven't exactly made it a secret that I didn't like ADSOM. I KNOW I'M CRAZY. So I was super hesitant to read this. Anyway, I did read it, and I absolutely LOVED it. So I'm definitely willing to give Schwab another shot. I might even try to read AGOS if the mood strikes me.

Book you pushed people the most to read (and they did):
Lol. I actually just bought my sister ACOTAR for Christmas, and I'm listening to it as a reread. It's amazing now hearing it again and seeing how awful Tamlin was from the start. It's making me so anxious for the next one.

Best series you started in 2016? Best sequel of 2016? Best series ender of 2016:
You may be sensing a theme here...

Favorite new author you discovered in 2016:
Yep. I only just started her books this year. I still need to read Crystal Storm, but I'm super sad that it's not in audiobook format, because I love the audios of these books. They are some of my favorites.

Best book from a genre you don't typically read/was out of your comfort zone:
It is true. Historical fiction and I do not generally mix. But I am so in love with this book.

Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year:

A book you read in 2016 that you are most likely to reread next year:
Lol! I've already read it twice. But I'm certain I'll reread it when I'm done listening to ACOTAR so I can get ready for ACOWAR. I AM SO PUMPED.

Favorite cover of a book you read in 2016:
This doesn't come out for a while yet, but I got a copy at YALLFest. And I honestly think the cover is even more beautiful than the first. A close runner up it SJTR.

Most Memorable Cover of 2016:
It's pretty simple, but it's very memorable, don't you think?

Most beautifully written book in 2016:
I said in my review how beautiful the prose was, and I will say it again. I love this book.

Most thought-provoking/life-changing book of 2016:
I can't even say what this book means to me and why.

Book you can't believe you waited until 2016 to read:
I really love this series. I'm slowly making my way through the Glass Series, the second part of the Chronicles of Ixia. It's been out for ages, so what took me so long?

Shortest book read in 2016:
We all know how much I love Jodi. The last in the Orphan Queen novellas, this was only equal to 74 pages.

Longest book read in 2016:
This book topped out at 1125 pages. It took me a year and a half to read, which is ridiculous, since the other books took me maybe a couple weeks each to read. But this one was just so slow. And there was so much Danaerys. I hate Danaerys. Anyway, I finally finished this monster back in June. 

Book that shocked you the most:
This was tough. Honestly, I don't get very surprised when I read. It's extremely difficult to shock me with twists. You can ask friends that I buddy read with, but I'm constantly coming up with insane theories. Those weird things that happened at the end of Torch? Yea, I called it pretty early on.

OTP of the Year:
I mean I think this was obvious...

Favorite non-romantic relationship of 2016:
Cleo and Nic. They are just adorable.

Favorite book you read in 2016 from an author you've previously read:
Okay, I liked Grisha okay. (Darkling for life) But SoC was much better than any of the Grisha books. It's so vastly different even though it's in the same world.

Best book you read in 2016 based solely on peer pressure:
After going through my GR page I have discovered that I didn't read and enjoy any based solely on a recommendation. Huh.

Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2016:
I love Thomas. I need a Thomas in my life. -wink wink-

Best 2016 debut you read:
I know these are both on the list multiple times lol. But it's with good reason. I loved them both.

Best worldbuilding you read this year:

Book that put a smile on your face/was the most fun to read:
This book is so cute and funny. And speaking of which, I'm giving away a copy for my January giveaway! So check that out. :D

Book that made you cry:
I cry a lot when I read, so I just picked one of them lol. I made sure I picked one that hasn't shown up on the list yet haha. I actually cried like 12 times while reading this one...

Hidden Gem of the Year:
This is a self-published book I got on audible, because it was on sale. And I really enjoyed it.

Book that crushed your soul:
It shouldn't be a surprise to see ACOMAF on there lol. But it's nice that there is something else too ^_^ I love Sush, and she about killed me while I was reading Chasm.

Most unique book you read in 2016:
Maybe one day I'll write a post about why I love this book so much, and how the rep is amazing and perfect. But for now, just trust me. You need to read this book.

Book that made you the most mad:
I'm so mad about the addition of the weird love triangle. I don't even know about the third book.

Your Bookish/Blogging Life

New favorite book blog you discovered in 2016:
My friend, Tracy, runs this blog. We met in June or July? After ALA. And we've become friends in real life, so yea.

Favorite review that you wrote in 2016:
The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi. I actually ran right into Roshani twice in Charleston at YALLFest, and she told me my review of TSTQ made her cry. And that almost made me cry. Later, I went back and reread my review and was like OKAY I GET IT.

Best non-review post on your blog in 2016:
I wrote here about the shootings at the Pulse club in Orlando, FL. This was very close to my heart, because I live in Central Florida. And one of my friends used to frequent that club.

Best event you participated in:
Okay I have to be biased and say it was of course...

THE READ INDIE CHALLENGE

Stay tuned later this year for more information about participating again this year.

Best moment in bookish/blogging life:
I'm not really sure what this means. But in bookish life, I guess the fact that my MS is up on Swoon Reads. I have a lot of notes for revisions for March when it's taken down (I'm just going to assume it won't be published lmao).

Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year:
Absolutely, it's keeping up with writing. I've gotten so behind, and I need to work on that.

Most popular post this year on your blog:
My November Giveaway post has 955 pageviews as of this moment.

Post you wish got a little more love:
I dunno. I wish they all got some more love lol. 

Did you complete any reading challenges or goals?
I completed my GR reading goal of 55 books (I went easy on myself). And I did the Read Indie Challenge. Other than that, I didn't do anything.

Looking Ahead

One book you didn't get to in 2016 but will be your #1 priority in 2016:
I can't say exactly how much of a priority it will be because I'm a mood reader. But I really want to read it...

Book you are most anticipating in 2017:
No surprise here. There's no cover yet, so I can't wait until it's revealed. But truth be told, I've not really loved any of SJM's covers (legasp!)

2017 debut you are most anticipating:

At this point I honestly am not even sure what's coming out in 2017. I've been so out of touch recently, so I couldn't possibly say. I guess I'll find out more at ALAMW later this month.

Series ender/sequel you are most anticipating in 2017:
I mean it's going to be ACOWAR again...

A 2017 release you've read and recommend to everyone:
Pretty sure the only one I've read is A Crown of Wishes (other than one that I DNF'd and obviously don't recommend).

WELL. That took me forever. I will have a 2017 goals post up tomorrow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment