Friday, September 30, 2016

September Wrap-Up

WHAT! September is over? How do? This means 2016 is almost over and I AM NOT PREPARED.

Has this month been very momentous? Eh, not really. But let's see what happened...

So let's start with early September. There was a #PitMad on twitter, which I partook in. I got one of my tweets favd by an agent! So I sent off a query and am not overly hopeful. But still!

Around the blog, you may notice some font changes and the addition of a drop-down menu. Nothing too serious. Just sprucing it up.

Not much else has happened this month honestly. It's mostly been me reading and writing. Except for the one thing that happened yesterday where I fell and sprained my ankle again.

This is literally me.


Anyway... Let's see what books I read.

Audiobooks
I finished the Morganville Vampires series by Rachel Caine.
I also listened to Endure by Sara B. Larson and parts of Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo. You can actually find my review of Crooked Kingdom here  on GR.

What do I mean parts of CK? I mean that since I work nights, I wasn't going to get my hardcover in until the next night. So I pre-ordered the audiobook and listened while I was at work Tuesday morning and while driving. Because I could not wait lol.

Physical Books
The Lovely Reckless by Kami Garcia
Replica by Lauren Oliver
Empire of Storms by Sarah J Maas
Been Here All Along by Sandy Hall
Kiss Cam by Kiara London
Nemesis by Anna Banks
No Holding Back by Kate Evangelista
Rift Uprising by Amy Foster
Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo

All in all, that isn't terrible considering I've also been working most diligently (err sort of) on my second draft of Spy Project.

October Goals
So reading-wise... I would like to read all the arcs in my pile for the month. I'm currently reading The Diabolic by S.J. Kincaid. My October TBR is...
- Timekeeper by Tara Sim
- Of Fire and Stars by Audrey Coulthurst
- Heartless by Marissa Meyer
- Scythe by Neal Shusterman
- Fate of Flames by Sarah Raughley
- Holding Up the Universe by Jennifer Niven

It would also be awesome if I could finish Sea Glass by Maria V Snyder. I keep putting it down to read other books, so it would be great to get out of my "Currently Reading" shelf on GR.

As for writing... I would really love to finish this draft of Spy Project. I'm really proud of this project in general, and especially this draft. So I'd love to get it finished up so I can move on to the second book for NaNoWriMo in November. Then when I go back to edit, I'll have a fresher mind. (plus, I don't want to be in the middle of a project during NaNo. It'll drive me mad not to be able to work on it and have it sitting there.)

I also plan to start actually querying Iron Curse by end of October. Either that or I will submit to Swoon Reads. Not certain yet. I'll let everyone know.

Okay. That was my month. My regular Saturday review will be delayed a day to make room for the Monthly Giveaway. Be sure to check out that post tomorrow as I will have a new first line up for people to guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment