Sunday, November 8, 2015

Sunday Discussion: Ode to Jodi Meadows

Every Sunday I take a new bookish topic and discuss.  Have an idea for a discussion post?  Just leave a comment below or email me at christinathebookreader@gmail.com.

This is quite possibly the best post ever.  Seriously.



So this is my Ode to Jodi Meadows.  Because I love her writing so much.  I squealed.  Literally squealed when I saw this.  And when I saw this I was walking in to work.  I didn't have time to respond right away because as soon as I walked in my boss grabbed me for a meeting (ugh).  But that's okay!  Because The Mirror King!  I was getting ready to sell my soul for it!

Anyway... This seemed like a good time to tell everyone (again) how much I love Jodi Meadows and all her work (I take a lot of license with the word discussion, I know lol).

I have some extra books of hers (shocker) so I will probably be holding a giveaway for a set of the Newsoul series sometime after YALLFest.  (I have three full sets.  And another partial one. Don't judge me.)

So Jodi, I wrote this hilarious haiku for you as thanks.

I was so so sad
I read The Mirror King and
now I want to die.

(I'm pretty certain this will be an accurate portrayal of the feels.)

I plan to have a post up with my initial reactions to The Mirror King.  And then of course a review closer to publication date.  I don't know if I'll be able to wait all the way until March to publish a review though.  We'll see.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on winning that's so exciting! I've only read one of her books so far and I really, really enjoyed it, I just haven't gotten hold of the others yet. I should really get on that...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! As much as I loved Incarnate (and I really did love that series) I love The Orphan Queen even more. I will read any of her books. I have already read TMK and I'm still excited about it!

      Delete