Friday, January 1, 2016

December and 2015 Wrap-up

What a year! I read 187 of my goal of 200 books.  Can't win 'em all, eh?

Other things that happened in December: My car maybe needs a new transmission (yay) so I'm currently driving a rental. Thankfully it's under warranty.  I learned to make cheesecake, and it was delicious.  I also just opened an Instagram. I literally only have one picture up at the moment, but I plan on changing that soon.  Gotta start somewhere, right?

Other changes I'm making in 2016: I will no longer be accepting self published books for review.  As much as I love and appreciate Indie authors (and I really do), I need to concentrate on writing.  I don't have time to read what I want to with having so many books to read and review.  So from now on I will be requesting books I particularly want from publishers so that I don't get so backed up.

Well, I've had a slightly better December than I had November.  Let's see how things went.



Books I read
Fairmist - Reviewed and loved it
The Burning Hand - Still need to write a review
The Boy Most Likely To
The Killing Jar - DNF Review
The Mirror King - Reread (already reviewed and loved)
The Assassin and the Desert
Seraphina
Sanctuary Bay - Review to come
Liam's Story - Amazing short story for pre-ordering Passenger
Ice Like Fire - It wasn't as good as I'd hoped for
Shadow Scale
The Chimes
The Assassin and the Underworld
The Glass Arrow
Crimson Bound

Books I received in December...

Bought on Bookoutlet -
Beautiful Creatures
The Evolution of Mara Dyer
Crewel
Unremembered
Eleanor & Park
We Were Liars
Enders
Fever

Bought at thrift stores - 
The girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Girl who Played with Fire
Catcher in the Rye

B&N After Christmas Sale - 
The 5th Wave
Grimm's Fairy Tales
Presents!
Winter
The Rose Society
ACOTAR
ALL SIGNED!

Okay, I have to admit, I'm a little disappointed in the ones my sister gave to me. I love ACOTAR and Winter.  But she knew I already had them.  In fact, I already have two copies of ACOTAR and one was already on my trade shelf. I appreciate signed copies, really. But I would have preferred books that I don't have yet.  I would never tell her this.  She would feel terrible.  But now I have a ton of extras of some books I already had lol.

For next year, my goal is to read fifty five books.  that is drastically reduced from my goal of two hundred this year.  Mainly because I plan to spend a lot more time writing.  I will try to keep up better on my posts.  I've been so busy with work lately, it's been tough.  I'm trying to do better!

How was your 2015?  What do you plan to do for 2016?



No comments:

Post a Comment