Friday, October 23, 2015

#BBCP Orange Team Interview with Jessi

Team Orange.png

For the Orange Team's #BBCP, we decided to interview each other.  So, here's my interview with 
Jessi





So Jessi, tell us a bit about yourself.

Hey there! Name’s Jessi. I’m a 27-year-old rocker slash cat lover residing in cold crappy Ohio. I’m a little impulsive and a lot sarcastic. I’m a tomboy with a terrible temper (did I mention I’m also part Irish?). My mouth gets me in trouble because I tend to speak my mind – my brain to mouth filter doesn’t always work properly! I love tattoos, piercings, and hair dye. (I have 14 piercings, 5 tats, and my hair has been at least 6 different colors in its lifetime!) I am blessed with the best parents anyone could ask for – they’re supportive of me no matter what and they’ve made me who I am today. I can’t imagine life without them. I have 4 cats and a dog, who are all crazy in their own way! I also have a ball python named Saphira :)

Awesome! Do you have any other hobbies outside of reading and blogging?

Gaming, watching movies, listening to music, sculpting with polymer clay, and anything else crafty!

What do you do for a living?

I work with animals! We have doggie daycare, boarding, and grooming.

And now moving on to the blogging questions...
How long have you been blogging?

4 years as of this post today actually...doesn't seem like that long!

Oh Wow! What made you want to start a book blog?

I used to have trouble keeping track of the books I read, so I had the idea to do a kind of book journal to keep track. Originally I used Word for this, but then one day I was looking up something and stumbled on a book blog. I was amazed! I didn't know such a thing existed, and as soon as I found it I knew it was something I wanted to do, too.

That's so cool! I never would have thought about doing that. So who are your blogging inspirations?

Ashley @ Nose Graze and Jamie @ Perpetual Page Turner

What has been your favorite or most memorable moment of book blogging?
Definitely meeting my favorite YA author, Julie Kagawa, and having her know who I was!

I may or may not be a little jealous... 
What does blogging mean to you?

Blogging for me is a way to let my voice be heard among people who share my passion for books. I never really had any bookish people in real life - I've got friends that read, but none as serious as I am about it. Book blogging has introduced me to a wonderful community and I have made many new friends with whom I can talk about books with!

What plans do you have for your blog in the future?

Honestly, I don't really have any set goals. After blogging for so long, I mainly just want to keep going. I've started to fall behind on posts lately, and I just don't ever want to lose that passion for blogging about books. Ideally I'd like to comment more, and visit blogs more, but it's been a long time since I had the spare time to do that.

What advice or tips would you give to new bloggers?

JUST BE YOU. That's the biggest piece of advice I can give. Sometimes it seems like everyone is striving to be like someone else, and I think you should find your own voice in the crowd.

Is there anything you wish you would have known starting out that would have greatly helped you in your blogging journey?

Oh yeah! I wish I'd started with Wordpress instead of Blogger. I wish I'd known about Ashley's amazing UBB sooner. Would have saved me a lot of extra work! I also wish I'd learned sooner to be more picky about the eARCs I downloaded XD

Ahaha I learned that one pretty quickly, thankfully.  Moving on to reading habits..

What was your gateaway book to reading?

Probably The Wayfarer Redemption Series by Sara Douglass. I read before that, but I was never really serious about reading until I read that series. It was my first for basically everything, and it will always have a special place in my heart!

Can you believe I haven't read that one? I'll have to pick it up. Who is your favorite author?

YA: Julie Kagawa and Jay Kristoff
Adult: Sara Douglass and Karen Marie Moning

What is/are your favorite book(s)?

The Wayfarer Redemption Series by Sara Douglass and The Lotus Wars Trilogy by Jay Kristoff!

Again I need to read these. Favorite character(s)?

Buruu from the Lotus Wars

Favorite genre?

High fantasy and dystopian

Oh I am so with you there! What is an instant turn off in a book for you?

Instalove!

Recommend some books that you think everyone should read!

Well, definitely The Lotus Wars and anything by the other three authors named above; The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken, Girl at Midnight by Melissa Grey, Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver, and the Shatter Me trilogy by Tahereh Mafi (although I didn’t care as much for the first book).


And that's a wrap! Don't forget to check out the rest of the interviews from the Orange Team :)

No comments:

Post a Comment