Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
- Editing finished copies - Yes... I write in my books. If I see a typo, or an error of some kind, I can't help it. I have to get a pen and fix it, or it will bother me the entire time I'm on that page.
- Setting books aside forever - Rather self-explanatory. I will stop in the middle of a book figuring I will go back to it. But I never do.
- Buying books and then not reading them - I attribute this to time constraints. I have probably 100 books on my shelves that I haven't read yet.
- Buying multiple copies of books - *sigh* I need to have a million copies of all the Jodi Meadows books. That is just how it is. But I don't need multiple copies of all my other books. So why do I have 2 copies of ACOTAR and 2 copies of QoS? Because. That's why. But I'm poor and should stop doing this.
- Refusing to do housework because I'm "too busy" - Yea... My house is a disaster. I don't like cleaning. And so when I read, I'm "too busy" to do anything else. This is why I have no clean clothes.
- Eating while reading - It's not inherently bad. But every once in a while I get something on a book. And then scream.
- Judging books by the cover - But, but but.. Some books just have such pretty covers! And I needsses the precious!
- Going to a different tab while writing a blog post - I actually did that now. And I was gone from writing this post for like an hour until I remembered, "Hey! I was writing something!" Happens all the time.
- Always searching for hanky panky in lit - I know this is LOL. And I don't read erotica. But when I read a good love story in YA I can't help it. I want them to get together! Something is wrong with me xD
- Writing in first person present - So this is my biggest bad habit when it comes to writing. It's easier for me to connect with characters sometimes if I'm writing just currently in their heads what's going on now, what they're thinking. But it's one of the worst tenses! It can be really awkward to read. For more on my opinion about tenses, see my discussion post here.
- Spoiling books for myself - I had to put this one on the end, even if it's 11. Because, like 75% of the time, I read the last 1-2 pages of the book either before I start reading it, or while I'm in the middle of it and just have to know if everything will be okay when it's done. Notable books I've done this with: The Kiss of Deception, The Heart of Betrayal, The Orphan Queen, Queen of Shadows (I still haven't read the book yet, but I read the last page), A Step Toward Falling, The Wrath and the Dawn. I know there are more, but to think of them I would have to asctually get up and look at my bookshelves. And that's so much work...
So that's my ten. What are your bad bookish habits?