So, without further ado, here are some things that happened in April.
- I finished my MS for Iron Curse and sent it off to beta read. Hopefully I will be nice and fresh-minded when I get everything back to do more revisions.
- If you follow me on twitter, you may have noticed a couple things. One is that I turned closet into a built-in bookshelf. Yay!
- The other is that my laptop broke and I had to buy a new one. Boo! I'm still not used to this keyboard.
- I participated in Camp NaNoWriMo very last minute. Between editing and drafting Spy Project, I barely met my goal of 20k.
- I read a lot.
- I had my birthday. So my book haul is kind of huge.
I'm not listing everything I read. Instead, I'm just going to jump into the haul, massive as it is.
Books I Bought/Preordered
I found this the Friday before it was set to release. And before you ask, there is a dictionary in the back.
Okay I obviously didn't buy How to Hang a Witch (it's an ARC). I won it during a #BBTC chat. But all this stuff came in on the same day, so they all had their pictures taken together. I've been playing around with an idea for a Phantom of the Opera retelling. I ended up using some of my cash back rewards on amazon to buy the original.
I mean of course I had The Mirror King preordered. I also had the paperback preordered, but due to a couple snafus, they sent me a hardcover instead. Which I already have (duh). So with it all fixed, I have an extra hardcover along with the paperback.
Yes, I had this preordered. I had ordered the UK edition hoping to match to my other paperbacks, but they don't match at all. And I honestly don't like the UK paperback (it's not nearly as nice as the US ones). So I will be working on getting the hardcovers before Maggie's event in June. Expect a giveaway of this copy (I will have it signed) at some point. I also preordered the audiobook of this. That way I was able to listen at work. I didn't write a review for this one, but it contained all the feels.
One random trip to BAM and I bought three books. The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater, Seven Black Diamonds by Melissa Marr, and What I Thought Was True by Huntley Fitzpatrick
Last of things I bought, I had a $10 gift card to BAM. So I bought this. Bought is a strong term since I didn't pay anything for it but you get the point.
The Birthday Haul
All in one picture:
1) My Heart and Other Black Holes
2) Burning Glass
3) Night Study
4) Their Fractured Light
5) Rebel of the Sands
6) The Arabian Nights (B&N special edition with gold pages and illustrations)
10) Falling Kingdoms (UK edition)
11) Rebel Spring (UK edition)
12) Witch Hunter (UK edition)
-wipes forehead- Wow that is a lot of books. How was your April?