Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

This week's Top Ten theme was a freebie.  So I asked, why do some books leave us feeling empty inside?  Why do authors like to crush our souls?  We hand them our hearts on a silver platter, and they squeeze until there is nothing but dust left.

So my theme today is:

Top Ten Book Hangovers

For this theme, I'm focusing on books that either had a cliffhanger that just made me want to scream or the ending totally broke me.  Either way, I had trouble picking up a new book afterward.  And this should be obvious but... SPOILER ALERT


This book wasn't totally cliffhangery, but the ending was kind of... well I wanted to know a lot more.  And I felt a bit lost when I got to the Acknowledgements page.



Okay, so even though I saw Maven's betrayal coming I was still left hurting by this cliffhanger.  What do I do now?  Oh the feels.



This not only ends in a cliffhanger, it's an infuriating cliffhanger.  I think I cried for like an hour after finishing it.



Debut authors this year seem intent on ripping my heart out.



There's actually a support group for this one on twitter.  Thanks Jodi Meadows...



I was so upset when I finished this book.  I kept thinking as it went on that Sam would be able to save her own life and be able to be with Kent.  Boy was I wrong.



Dracula
The ending to this was just so.... dull.  The entire book was an epic fight and the ending was... ugh.  I don't even know.  I couldn't pick up another book for a couple days.



So this may be half cheating because I haven't quite finished it yet.  But my coworkers can't keep their mouths shut. Hint: Jon Snow dies.  I instantly don't want to finish this book.



The Kiss of Deception (The Remnant Chronicles, #1)
My reaction at the end of this book? "WHAT?! NOOOO!" instantly goes to pre-order the next book.



I think Veronica Roth will hold some kind of record for worst book hangover for The Book That Shall not be Named.  I cried for hours.  I was sick to my stomach for two days.  WHY DID YOU DO THIS TO ME?!



6 comments:

  1. Is there really an Orphan Queen support group? Because I'd join. What an ending! It took me a long time to get over Before I Fall. I still don't think I'm over it. I still need to read a few of these. Great list and great topic choice!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOoh nice topic! Looooved Kiss of Deception! But yeah, definitely needed the next book asap after that! Allegiant...that one was difficult. But yet, I wasn't hating Veronica for Tris' choice. It made sense. I was more in tears watching Four mourn.

    Still need to read Red Queen and Ember in Ashes, so I didn't read those reactions! Dracula...yeah that was a weird ending. But did you know there is a sequel?! One of Bram's relatives wrote it some years back. Though, I will say if you found any love with the classic, you might be more miffed with the sequel. It totally changes everything! (in a sense, but it was still pretty awesome! I read that before I started blogging or before I was actively blogging at least!)

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea there was a sequel to Dracula! I'll have to check it out at some point down the road.

      Delete
  3. What a great topic for the freebie and I definitely feel you on some of these. Even though Before I Fall is heartbreaking, I still recommend it the most out of Lauren Oliver's books. It left such a lasting impression with me and one that I feel made me more aware of how my actions hurt others. ~Beth @ Perpetual New Girl

    My TTT List for today includes a giveaway thanks to Alethea Kontis. Have you read her?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree! Before I Fall was by far my favorite of her books so far!

      I haven't read any of her books. I'll be sure to check it out though.

      Delete
  4. I still need to read Allegiant and Before I Fall is on my TBR as well.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/05/19/top-ten-tuesdays-5/

    ReplyDelete