Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

This week's Top Ten theme is top ten books I'd love to see made into movies or TV shows.  So in no particular order... here we go!



The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds, #1)
I love this series. Love, love this series.  So this is theoretically being made.  But I guess we'll see.  You never know with Hollywood, right?



Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)
The Penryn and the End of Days series is also supposedly being made (i.e. the film rights have been sold, etc etc).  We'll see.  But I would love to see Penryn and Raffe on the big screen.



The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #1)
Okay, so I've only read the first book in this trilogy so far (I just got the second one. It's on my TBR list, I'll get to it eventually), but I loved it.  It was so strange, I think this would make an amazing thriller of a movie.



Will Grayson, Will Grayson
This book made me laugh and cry.  And I think seeing Tiny on the big screen... oh gosh.... so much TINY!!



Graceling (Graceling Realm, #1)
So this might be kind of difficult to pull off, but all of the different graces are so crazy!  And Katsa and Po <3



Acid
This book is crazy.  That is the only way to describe it. 



Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1)
Wouldn't you guys love to see Celaena?  I, frankly, want to see Rowan.  I love Rowan.  He's the best.  Have I mention I love Rowan?



The Kiss of Deception (The Remnant Chronicles, #1)
I love this book.  I feel like this one would be impossible to do a movie of because of the big reveal halfway in.  How do you hide who is the prince and who is the assassin if you're doing a movie?  But that could be something very interesting, like not showing faces when you know it's them? I don't know, it's a thought.



Before I Fall
Lauren Oliver really has a masterpiece here.  This book really explores the wonders and terrors of high school.  And it's so sad.  The sudden splash back everyday... Whoa.  This would make a great movie.



The Orphan Queen (The Orphan Queen, #1)
This book is full of action, love, intrigue... And a great cliffhanger.  What a great movie plot, right?

16 comments:

  1. I agree with Before I fall. I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I did. It could be really good as a movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will Grayson, Will Grayson would be such a fun movie. Just think of the actual staging of Tiny's musical!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? It would be Will Grayson, Will Grayson and Hold Me Closer all in one. I personally want to see this musical

      Delete
  3. I agree 100% with Throne of Glass!! It's on my list as well :). Unfortunately I haven't read anything else from this list but I think The Kiss of Deception, The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, and Angelfall would make a great movie/tv show :).

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! I would so love to see The Orphan Queen and The Remnant Chronicles (my favorite fantasy series right now) on the big screen! I haven't read the Darkest Minds yet but it's high on my list! I didn't know they were making a movie!

    Here's my TT: http://betweenyabookends.blogspot.com/2015/05/top-ten-books-wed-like-to-see-as.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh Mara Dyer would be fascinating as a movie. This Kiss of Deception would be great too. Fantastic list
    My TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Throne of Glass is on my list too and for the same reason! :) I've heard such great things about The Orphan Queen and The Kiss of Deception, I should read them soon. Great list btw!

    Check out my TTT here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oohhh Angelfall, Mara Dyer, and Kiss of Deception! Three amazing books/series! I would love seeing those on the screen!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your choices! So good to see Throne of Glass on so many lists this week, and Graceling! Oh I would love to see all of Cashore's novels on screen, that would be a dream come true!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome list and YAY for The Orphan Queen!!! I LOVE that book!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know how I left off Before I Fall. It's my favorite book! If that were made into a movie I'd need ten boxes of tissues to get through it! I absolutely agree with Throne of Glass and The Orphan Queen and I loved Graceling (and you're right, it would be difficult to pull off). I still need to read the rest on your list, but I definitely plan to! Great list!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't know how I left off Before I Fall. It's my favorite book! If that were made into a movie I'd need ten boxes of tissues to get through it! I absolutely agree with Throne of Glass and The Orphan Queen and I loved Graceling (and you're right, it would be difficult to pull off). I still need to read the rest on your list, but I definitely plan to! Great list!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mara Dyer would be a seriously eerie and disorienting psychological thriller, so long as it managed to convince the audience they too don't know what's really and what isn't.

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't read Throne of Glass but I am planning to read this month. I've seen it on everyone's list so far. I haven't read Mara Dyer but I have heard it is a really good book I need to check it out.

    Tina, The Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great list! There are several books on here that I really need to get to... so many books and so little time, right! I've only read the first book in the Darkest Minds series, but it would look great on screen. I'd love to see how they dealt with the powers. Thanks for stopping by my list earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Before I Fall is next on my list of books to read and I'm really excited for it. Graceling, The Darkest Minds and The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer are all on my TBR. Throne of Glass was on my list this week also!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/06/02/top-ten-tuesday-7/

    ReplyDelete