Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday (16) Silver in the Blood

Waiting on Wednesday (16)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine to highlight upcoming releases we're excited about.

This week, I'm waiting on:

Title: Silver in the Blood
Author: Jessica Day George
Pages: 368
Publisher: Bloomsbury USA Childrens
Release Date: July 7, 2015


As spoiled society girls from New York City circa 1890, Dacia and Lou never desired to know more about their lineage, instead preferring to gossip about their mysterious Romanian relatives, the Florescus. But upon turning seventeen, the girls must return to their homeland to meet their family, find proper husbands, and-most terrifyingly-learn the secrets of The Claw, The Wing, and The Smoke. The Florescus, after all, are shape-shifters, bound by a centuries-old tradition to do the bidding of the royal Dracula family and it is time for Dacia and Lou to take their place among the ranks. But when the devilish heir, Mihai Dracula sets his sights on Dacia as part of his plan to secure power over all of Europe, the girls choose to fight against this cruel inheritance with all their might. Only the dashing Lord Johnny Hardcastle and the mysterious Theophilus Arkady- members of a secret society charged with ridding the world of monsters-can help Dacia and Lou, but breaking the shackles of their upbringing will require more courage than the girls ever imagined.

The thrilling start to a richly drawn, romance-filled series, this epic adventure of two girls in a battle for their lives will have readers coming back for more.

Well, I'm not generally a huge one for vampires.  But I did like Dracula (for the most part).  And a Dracula retelling sounds really interesting to me.  What are you waiting on?

10 comments:

  1. Second time I am seeing this one today! Sounds intriguing! I might have to get this one, I don't think I really grasped that it was a Dracula retelling!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could definitely be wrong about it being a Dracula retelling. That was just my impression from the synopsis. Either way, it looks really interesting!

      Delete
  2. Oh this seems so interesting! I love the idea of wolves in this book.
    MY WAITING ON WEDNESDAY

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love wolves so sign me up! I can't wait to get my hands on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore Jessica Day George and I can't wait t read Silver in the Blood. I'm sure it's going to be fantastic. Great pick!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the cover of this book! I hope you enjoy it!

    Check out my WoW - http://onceuntold.blogspot.com/2015/06/waiting-on-wednesday-song-of-david-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds pretty good! I love the cover, too. It adds a very fairy-tale vibe to the whole things. Now you have me looking forward to it as well! Great pick and thanks for stopping by my blog earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seen this one around a lot today. I'll definitely have to check it out.
    After being in the hospital with a 103 flu, I'm behind on this meme so hope you don't mind I'm commenting nearly a week late.

    Here's mine

    Also, be sure to check out my $30 giveaway on Amazon here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind at all! And I hope you feel better! ...checking out yours now...

      Delete
  8. I'm totally not into horror or vampire books, but this one sounds intriguing and the cover is just so pretty!

    ReplyDelete