Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday (18) A Step Toward Falling


Waiting on Wednesday (18)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine to highlight upcoming releases we're really excited about.

This week I'm waiting on:

Title: A Step Toward Falling
Author: Cammie McGovern
Pages: 384
Publisher: HarperTeen
Release Date: October 6, 2015

Cammie McGovern follows up her breakout young adult debut, Say What You Will, with this powerful and unforgettable novel about learning from your mistakes, and learning to forgive. Told in alternating points of view, A Step Toward Falling is a poignant, hopeful, and altogether stunning work that will appeal to fans of Jennifer Nevin, Robyn Schneider, and Jandy Nelson.

Emily has always been the kind of girl who tries to do the right thing—until one night when she does the worst thing possible. She sees Belinda, a classmate with developmental disabilities, being attacked. Inexplicably, she does nothing at all.

Belinda, however, manages to save herself. When their high school finds out what happened, Emily and Lucas, a football player who was also there that night, are required to perform community service at a center for disabled people. Soon, Lucas and Emily begin to feel like maybe they're starting to make a real difference. Like they would be able to do the right thing if they could do that night all over again. But can they do anything that will actually help the one person they hurt the most?

I honestly had never heard of this until the other day when I was fishing around on Amazon.  I really love the premise.  So I had to put this on my wish list!

What are you waiting on?

5 comments:

  1. This really does sound good. I'll be picking it up for sure! Great pick!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a new to me one! Doesn't sound like my kind of read but still hope you love it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sound like this could be powerful story- it can be hard to do the right thing sometimes. I'd be curious to see how this one plays out. Nice pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait for this one either! It sounds so amazing. :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Greg - this sounds like it could be really powerful! (Also, I looove the cover. How do people design these???)

    ReplyDelete